Backyard Garden: A Plus Point in Your Home Decor
A backyard garden with many beautiful and colorful blossoming flowers and buds cannot be denied to. Gardening can extend its limits beyond our expectations when we see a beautifully designed and planted backyard garden. Flowering plants grown in an orderly manner makes the viewer dumbstruck. A backyard garden can be designed on a limited budget with just a few colors of flowers and some blooming buds.
Photo Credit: http://inhabitat.com/nyc/7-amazing-community-green-spaces-in-carroll-gardens/backyard-garden-17/
Garden: A Favorite Spot
For many people who love a piece, the backyard garden is the best place to sit down and see the beauty of nature in a peaceful way. It is fun to personalize and customize this place in a unique manner. The best part is enjoying it after it is done. The results of your efforts will be one-day bear fruits that will serve you even better. It is something, which you admire.
Many memories are recalled sitting in the backyard garden quietly. These can be from your childhood or something long back.
Beauty Lies in the Eyes of the Beholder
There is no excellent beauty than seeing some flowers blossoming and plants growing. Remember, a garden in your house’s backyard has its perks. Backyard gardens can take many forms, from a few seedlings in the containers to large plants in the backyard. The principal delight is the peace of mind one attain while sitting in a place surrounded by the results of their efforts.
They can say that their garden is their produce as gardening is a skill that needs patience and observation. It is something that can’t happen in few days or weeks. It takes months for a garden to grow and blossom. Beauty is observed when a garden is viewed as a single unit, and nothing is subtracted or added externally.
Perks of a Backyard Garden
Photo Credit: http://www.g2mdesign.com/3663/28-wonderful-backyard-pond-ideas/
Growing a garden can cost you some money, but remember that it is worth it. You can grow several things in your backyard garden. It can be vegetables, fruits or only some flowers to make it beautiful. All you will need is some seeds and fertilizers, and you are half way to it.
Advantages of a garden in your backyard are:
1. Easy Access
You don’t need to go to the vegetable market for buying vegetables if you have them all in your backyard. You can grow and produce vegetables and fruits of your choice in your background garden. You’ll also save money on the food, depending on the vegetables you plant.
A single plant produces lots of fruits or vegetables and thus your money and time both will be saved for buying them from a market. You can later also does a small business by selling the produce in the market in return for more money. In other words, you can say backyard gardening save money.
2. Environment Control
By growing so many green plants and colorful flowers, you will only increase the level of oxygen in your house. You and your family will be supplied with fresh air, which will add years to your lives. Plants should be evenly mulched in your home garden, which will further reduce the erosion and runoff. Plants always hold the soil to help prevent erosion of land.
3. Relax and enjoy
For many gardeners, growing a garden provides them with immense happiness and enjoyment. Another form of happiness is watching your garden growing, from just a few seeds to a full garden of beautiful plants. It many times offers a sense of deep satisfaction. Some find their backyard garden relaxing and stress-relieving. Give all your family members a chance to work together in the job of growing a garden. It also sometimes increases your social network and status.
Photo Credit: http://www.doublescribble.net/backyard-garden-ideas/13/small-backyard-vegetable-garden.shtml
“What greater delight is there than to behold the earth appareled with plants as with a robe of embroidered works, set with Orient pearls and garnished with the great diversities of rare and costly jewels. But these delights are in the outward senses. The principle delight is in the mind, singularly enriched with the knowledge of these visible things, setting forth to us the invisible wisdom and admirable workmanship of almighty God.“ – by John Gerard, 1633, the Herbal
Budget: How to Plan It?
Innovation is going to be imperative while planning a backyard garden with minimum resources. You will first have to calculate the area of space you have for you and for what and how you will use it for. You can have a very large backyard or a small one with less area. It can have curb appeal or not.
These few factors should be kept in mind while going to plan a backyard garden. It is not challenging enough to know the correct prices for the materials such as lumber whose cost keeps fluctuating. It will help guide your decisions of landscaping, and you will get to know that what exactly you want your backyard.
We have a few cheap and creative ideas to help you design a yard that you’ll enjoy.
- First, estimate your budget and plan everything you want to buy.
- Preplanning is necessary. Sketch the design of your landscape on paper to make sure how exactly you want it. It always helps in saving time.
- Decide what look you want for your backyard. A square patio or deck will cost you less.
You will find the results so appealing and better. You never need a designer for this task.
- Divide your budget into small phases and pay as you get those phases on hand. You need not take heavy loans for this. Just divide the capital for a different category in your garden into equal amounts. You can also shop online for the tools and fertilizers needed, which will save your cost of going to the market.
- To buy tools for outdoor projects including backyard garden is often less costly during winter months. You can save money as few things become relatively cheap late in the season, like trees, shrubs, soil, and mulch. Newly released plant varieties may fanaticize you but don’t rush to buy them without proper knowledge. It can be expensive.
- Ask your friends and family if possible for help instead of hiring paid workers for cutting and shaping the garden.
- Molded steel, waste materials, found recycled objects and old metal pieces can be nicely decorated to bring a beautiful and elegant look in your yard. You can make a fence out of some unexpected materials.
- By painting your flower pots in some bright, bold colors, you can intensify the beauty of your backyard garden. Also, it won’t cost you anything to do paintings and drawing geometrical patterns on fencings and walls. Soak your pots in water for an hour before you apply color to them.
A garden’s beauty is always praised by the viewers. No matter what, a backyard garden can have as many perks as you can think of. One should have the ability to see the beauty of nature in its purest form. You may also read our additional blog on sustainable gardening tips.
It is the best example of human efforts that will combine to give fruits later. Gardening has many gains and very few or no drawbacks. It saves money, time and gives you easy access to things you need to survive.