Gardening in its most simplistic manner can be described as the practice of cultivating the plants as a part of horticulture. Also, gardening is a process that requires a lot of skill and patience.
When one decides to opt for organic gardening at their home place, one need to take extra care of everything that is required in cultivating the plants, starting from the guide on how to plant a tree to the handbook that assists you in dealing with common pests and the diseases naturally.
Gardening – The Process
Along with this, one also needs a guide that assists you in how to save the seeds, what is the best preferable time to plant and the amazingly ameliorate harvesting practices. By following up the guides with proper care, one can always lead their gardening process at the home place at a much successful rate.
While referring the guides, you would come across certain topic that renders you the proper list of the antithetic crop assortments, which you need to consider while growing them in your garden. Also, the list renders you the most recommended assortments for each and every type of the plant.
Everything that is being served at lunch or dinner time when grown by oneself at the garden requires lots of hard work and great passion. The below mentioned crops at a glance list render everything that one needs to know about every kind of plant or vegetable, starting right from the lip smacking tomatoes to the Jerusalem famous scrumptious artichokes.
Crops at a Glance
The below mentioned crops at a glance list give you a quick and easier access to the delicious veggies that can be grown at home vegetable gardening.
Photo Credit: http://www.mariobatali.com/recipes/artichokes-with-grana-padano/
Artichokes are one of the major veggie plants, which are totally scrumptious and are also one of the most renowned veggies in Jerusalem. When you make up your mind to cultivate the artichokes in your garden you should ensure that:
- Fostering the growth of the artichokes as an annual veggie calls for quite an early commence.
- The lip smacking artichokes that bear the virtual buds should be taken care of properly because they can beautifully thrive in the wide ambit of climate.
Photo Credit: http://a-single-serving.com/2012/05/31/cooking-beets/
The beets are the kind of veggies that many assortments in them. Such as:
- Red table beets: The red table beets are the ones that are the tip of the beet iceberg.
- Mangel beets: The Mangel beets are the ones that can be used as a livestock fodder.
- Storage beets: As the name suggests, the storage beets are the ones that can be stored and enjoyed by everyone for the whole winter season.
- White or Golden Beets: The white or the golden beets usually make a stunning edible display when they are blended in a beet salad.
Photo Credit: http://www.collective-education.com/tag/blackberries/
Blackberries are those crops that are quite easy to cultivate if you are successful in selecting the best suitable assortment of blackberry for your climate. When properly cultivated, these blackberries have the best advantage as that they are the totally dependable producers of lemony and nutritive fruits.
Photo Credit: http://canigivemydog.com/blueberries
According to surveys conducted, one always finds to foster the growth of blueberries quite difficult. The cultivation of blueberries can be made easy by just having the below mentioned guides:
- To know the perfectly suited blueberry brushes that suit your climate,
- To properly prepare the soil’s pH for harvesting the antioxidant-rich berries during the entire summer season.
Photo Credit: https://in.pinterest.com/pin/50102614575026351/
As recommended, you should try to cultivate cabbages in your garden on a large scale.
- This crop is usually favorable during the spring season.
- The various assortments of cabbages like green, Asian, pointed, savoy and red, all of these add a feather in your gorgeous looking garden.
Photo Credit: http://www.harabazar.com/daily-essentials/18-cauliflowers-ful-kobi.html
While you decide to grow cauliflowers in your garden, you should ensure that there is an excellent quality of soil and also that you pay close attention to the crop. When the vigorous cauliflowers are being considered, an assortment of cauliflower family when grown properly results in marvelous crops.
Photo Credit: http://enlivenorganics.com/celery-half.html
There are many benefits of growing celery in your garden. One of the most important and major benefit includes the elimination of the chemical residues that are normally found on the nonorganic celery that is being sold at the supermarkets. While growing celery one should know about:
- Growing your own chaff Apium graveolens dulce
- Separating the celery
8. Dry Beans
Photo Credit: http://ssf.vortechcs.com/product/jacobs-cattle-gold-certified-organic-heirloom-beans/
You should definitely not overlook the ins and outs of cultivating the dry beans. The antithetic assortments of dry beans that are available in the supermarkets are as below:
- Lima beans
- Runner beans
- Tepary beans
Photo Credit: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/news/g168/dirty-dozen-foods/
Who doesn’t love the luscious grapes? You can grow the lip smacking taste of grapes by growing them in your garden and enjoy the heart healthy grapes in jellies, jams, juices and also wines. To foster the growth of grapes in your garden you need to learn about how to:
- Grow the grapes
- Trellis them
- Select the best assortment that is favorable to your region’s climate
Photo Credit: http://www.leeners.com/canning/store/horseradish-ground.shtml
Fostering the growth of horseradish becomes quite easy as they are one of the toughest and persistent plants. The roots of the horseradish are usually harvested from fall through winter that renders copiousness amount of warmth to the winter meals.
Photo Credit: http://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/garden/squash-growing-guide
For all the beginners in the field of gardening, which are planning to grow a squash on your garden area then you should know the below mentioned facts about the veggie squash:
- Squash is a veggie that is quite seasonal
- It is quite easily susceptible to frost and damaged by heat
- When provided proper care, squash produces a bumper crop
Photo Credit: http://www.parkswholesaleplants.com/fall-plants/fall-annuals/marigolds/
Marigolds are those crops that look similar to daisy and have familiar carnation with flower heads. They are crops that can be produced both singly and in the form of clusters. The marigolds have more than 50 assortments in the world. Some of the most used assortments are as mentioned below:
- Tagetes Erecta: These are the tallest as they can go up to three to five feet of height. Many times, they are also known as African or the American marigolds.
- French Marigolds: These kinds of marigolds are smaller in comparison to Tagetes erecta. Also, these crops have more compatibility, elegance, and eye-catching looks. They are relatively demure flowers that generally cultivates from 6 inches to 2 feet tall in height.
- Dainty T. Tenuifolia: These assortments of marigolds are the signet or the rock garden ones that appear quite hot and make an amazing edge. Also, the best thing about this assortment is that their flowers are edible.
Photo Credit: http://www.chillifundamentals.co.uk/store/the-apache-chilli-pepper.html
You should always remember that peppers are such crops that are not only tender but also a warm season crop. They are the ones that can resist the most number of pests and render something for everyone on the table, spice, sweetness or hotness. This crop has an assortment of colors, shapes and also sizes.
Photo Credit: http://vdeltaexpress.com/lettuce
Lettuce is a crop that comes from the family of sunflower. It is a half-hardy veggie that can be grown during any season by just planting one small crop at a time. The garden lettuce is an assortment that is quite superior as far as taste and the content of vitamin A are considered.
Photo Credit: http://www.nextbarnover.com/about/crops/onion.html
Who doesn’t like the hot and spicy taste of onions? Although peeling them is quite troublesome, they prove to be quite easy to be cultivated in your garden. You should remember the below mentioned suggestions while cultivating onions:
- Use onion sets that are planted without any fear of being damaged by frost. By doing so, the success rate of growth of onions increases as compared to direct seeds or using the transplantation method.
- Onions are such crops that cultivate quite properly on the raised beds or the raised rows.
Photo Credit: http://www.mycandidacleanse.com/garlic-and-candida/
Who likes the stinking rose odor of ginger? Well nobody likes that. But you can always use them in your garden as an insect repellent. Gingers are crops that are quite easy to grow.
Also, they reproduce bulbs after they have been grown for a long time during a season. The crop is not only frost tolerant but as mentioned earlier, acts as the best insect repellent in your garden.
Photo Credit: http://wecangrowit.org/?p=1315
Cucumbers are such crops that are called as a warm season veggie that can be planted outside in the ground. When you aspire to frost the growth of cucumbers, you should take note of the following points:
- Many of the assortments of cucumbers can cultivate in any amount of space that is available.
- The most common assortments of slicing cucumbers have the sprawling vines along with the large green leaves and also curling tendrils.
- These crops grow at a much faster pace as compared to many other crops.
Today, many of the adults prefer the term gardening instead of the term playing in the dirt. Gardening is a process that not only saves the time of the person who has to every time visit the supermarket to get the veggies but also proves to be quite economical.
We hope that the above-mentioned list of crops at a glance proves quite beneficiary to you. If you have any suggestions, ideas or feedback to share with us, please post them in the comments section. We would be more than happy to help you.